Tuesday, February 11, 2014

More (slightly less) realistic dreams

  Last night I had a rather disturbing dream that some people showed up and tried to forcefully claim Ebony as their lost dog. Since she was brought in by Animal Control to the vet office where I was working (like 8 or 9 yrs ago, in OH) it was always possible that someone would claim her from the vet's when we said we 'found' a dog...especially since her breed is kinda pricey and the vets are pretty certain she's pure bred (frankly, I don't care, & she's spayed now anyway so it doesn't matter). I spent the entire dream screaming at people to go away and leave my dog alone. or running w/ a 13 lb shivering black, ball of fur in my arms cuz she was terrified of all the noise and strangers trying to grab her.

  The second dream involved a group session w/ a neurologist who kept talking about fresh air and holding the session outside & when I said that I'm cold & that it's cold outside, he begins almost yelling at me for not liking fresh air and sunlight, etc.  He won't believe me when I say that I can't take the cold and have a very hard time staying warm even with blankets and tons of clothes. We begin an argument about the fact that its actually the cold, not the "fresh air" as he puts it, that I can't deal with. Even the others in the group session were ganging up on me about the whole going out in the cold cuz the fresh air is good. That dream just felt like one big fight..most of it with a dr who wouldn't believe a word I said  =(

1 comment:

  1. God, stress/lack of control dreams are the worst. Worse than "scary" nightmares in my opinion by far, more insidious, harder for people to understand a lot of the time.

    ReplyDelete