Monday, September 7, 2015

more fun and games

This coming Friday 9/11, I go under the proverbial knife again..yep more surgery. This time my ENT is patching the hole in my R eardrum. Technically, there won't be much 'cutting', its really just a skin graft but since the best way to place it is thru the nasal cavity, they prefer to do it under anesthesia..

Now, my last Sx was supposed to be a 45 min procedure and ended up being 4.5 hrs and 3 day hospital stay w/ pancreatitis..I know..different body part, different circumstance, and a lot more invasive, but its still a little sobering

I honestly stop and think to myself--the last one was a truly life & death necessary kind of Sx (gallbladder removal). This one is more of a quality of life to improve the fact that I can't hear well out of ears and they continually pop, hurt, drain, and are susceptible to infections.. Am I playing Russian Roulette, being a fool? Considering this will be the 9(?) surgery on my ears...I'm probably what people would call foolish anyway, but most was done long before age of consent (pre 16)

No comments:

Post a Comment