Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Tired..so worn out

Its amazing to realize how exhausting constant pain can be. Haven't been sleeping well to begin with anyway. My body has decided I've been on my "relaxation to help me sleep" med for too long and it stopped working. Now I haven't really slept easily for well over 3 - 4 weeks. My GP has tried to get me on a new med, but they either don't work at all or I'm having nasty side effects--and they don't really work entirely all THAT well.

Now with this new med and dosage, I get maybe a few minutes or hrs of sleep at a time. But its restless sleep, not a deep sleep where my mind calms and stops running in circles. Along with that, I've had an almost constant headache. Mostly it stays as a low, constant, background hum of pressure/pain going all across the entire front and top of my head. But it's also been spiking into agonizing migraines..

I've called the sleep dr who diagnosed, or rather pronounced, that I don't have sleep apnea. but the soonest he could see me is middle of next month. I could go to another sleep dr in the meantime, but I'd prefer to go with the one I'e already visited and is actually part of the same medical group as my neurologist, physical therapist,  yoga instructor...so info passes quickly between them all, especially since they are also in the same one flr building  and using the same computer system.

I think the med is also screwing w/ what little ability I have to regulate body temp (which isn't much). I get cold flashes that are so bad they are painful, esp in my extremities... I can't even hold my fingers close cuz they are so chilled they quickly freeze whatever body part I hold them against instead of being warmed by the 'body heat' I supposedly give off. And the cold spells have been worse and more frequent since beginning the new med.

My fatigue or the restless sleep or something is causing bruising...either I'm walking into more things & not remembering/feeling it or its being caused directly by the med..IDK, but some of them really hurt =/ Actually, pride aside, they mostly all hurt, just some a hell of a lot more than others and some of those aren't even really visible.

It's so damnably tiring to be dealing with the  headache pain that the OTC's I've tried won't touch and my migraine Rx barely deals w/ (and not for long). And trying to keep my fingers/nose/lips warm (and not blue) is another drain. Blankets, gloves, socks, etc don't help..even heated ones or heating pads..they just kinda trap in the cold air surrounding my limbs. The unexplained bruising that makes things rather...unpleasant...is getting worse almost daily

No comments:

Post a Comment