Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Its the little things

Tonight, hubby & I went out to the movies (Capt. Am., Civil War..very good!) since socks/tennis shoes don't really go w/ skirts & 90+ temps,it was too hot for jeans (I'm lacking shorts at the moment..shopping trip =D ) I had to reach for some old sandals. This was a spur of the moment idea..usually I just suck it up and go w/ the jeans. Don't get me wrong..I loved these sandals..I wore them everywhere. That's why I kept them after I started having balance issues and had to drop to strict flats. They have about an inch rise..not quite a heel, more like a wedge. I was never good at wearing actual heels or flip-flops and this strappy sandal was enough of a dress casual that I could wear them w/ anything. Maybe 5 yrs ago my balance became so bad that even standing up in the sandals became almost impossible, and trying to take a step would turn an ankle. Tennis shoes were a little better..barefoot was the best. but of course, I can't go everywhere barefoot so barefoot shoes really helped. Yoga classes. & the sight of the sandals sitting in my closet. Tonight, when I tried on the sandals..I knew it might not work, I was risking injury (I had my hand right above something to grip..not totally stupid) and I might be disappointed. I also tried them on well before we had to leave. That way any problems would happen at home. Needless to say..the night went off w/out a hitch and I felt as good in the sandals as I ever did.

No comments:

Post a Comment