Monday, July 15, 2013

More and more tests

Just got back from the latest appointment with my neurologist - as if I didn't have enough to worry about, he's brought up the question of whether or not the mental blanks like the one I had at the grocery store last month could be cuz of mini seizures

                            oh joy
                           just what I needed to think about

He doesn't think so, but it is a possibility. Plus, I take too long to respond to simple yes/no questions that actually shouldn't take processing like I require.
So, I have an EEG scheduled for the end of the month.
Dr. says not to worry; that its probably related to MS cognition problems (of which I've already shown some signs) and that the EEG will probably be normal. Unfortunately, I am a chronic worrier (hence the anti-anxiety meds originally being added to help w/ sleep). Plus, the unfortunate ability I have of being the 0.00nth% minority that has the reaction/allergy/side effect/etc that the fine print warns about. I've stopped being amused and now its turned to frustration when I hear a dr say "huh, that's new"
Depending on the results of the EEG, I may need to change some of my meds (again) or go for the day long cognitive testing... the dr says its actually kinda disappointing, cuz no-one (even someone without MS or other neuro probs) scores well on it.

This has been a day of not quite bad news, but definitely no good news


No comments:

Post a Comment