Friday, July 26, 2013

The (hopefully) final sx

Yesterday was the removal of the 2nd stent from my effed up gallbladder removal procedure. This was the all important one in the bile duct that the dr was leaving in for extra time to ensure it was completely healed. Its also the spot which the dr said tore like tissue paper when he touched it (kinda nerve-wracking knowing he's gonna go back in to mess w/ it again). It didn't make me feel a 100% better when he came in pre sx to say that when they go in.. if its NOT healed, they'll put a new one in (just want I want)

According to what we were told, we needed to schedule atleast 4 hrs for the entire hospital time - from arrival to departure, so I arrived at 7am and I was expecting to leave around possibly 11am to 12pm (all the red tape and paperwork and stuff). I was HOME at 9:30 am. Considering the fact they never actually took me back to the OR until around 8am, I'm not sure why it went so quickly, but I'm glad it did and that it went well, however he did take a biopsy of my stomach since it was all red and stuff - just to make sure its not a bleeding ulcer of something...honestly, I think its cuz I kinda forgot some of the rules and ate spicy stuff the night before (tho I didn't really think it was that spicy)...they'll let me know in a few wks what they think of it. I'm just glad this entire fiasco is over... frankly, from the moment I lay in bed with my abdomen burning feeling nauseated with the one of two sick-inducing pains, this has been a roller-coaster of ups & down of what the facility managed to save in its database from the last time, or what needs re-written. I get auto calls about appts I never set (well, maybe did set as the drugs were taking me under..vaguely recall lady sitting at comp, not what she was talking about) or waking up (again, recall many ladies w/ clipboards and at comp, don't remember what they said each time). The drs, tho.. are great...  
    I hate when a good dr is backed by a facility having so many problems... the probs maybe caused by any # of factors, but still...the good drs could be exceptional when paired with the right staff and right facility

                sorry---old gripe--the boss, dr, etc can be better when backed by the right staff/facility/equipment     had a hell of a time getting some of my previous employment places to even listen to that idea

No comments:

Post a Comment