Saturday, August 31, 2013

my political views...at this moment anyway

this is more a rant than anything else... part of the reason I refuse to declare Dem, Rep, etc is cuz frankly none of them are getting it right and none of them stick to what they say they're gonna do.. I vote for the one that seems like (s)he has the best ideals and possibly may do the best for the country (hopefully)

at this point, tho I think we have successfully managed to shove our heads so far up our asses we aren't seeing just how much the rest of the world looks down on us. Please don't think I'm anti-America.. I'm not... I love this country.. my views are that we don't need to have "a hand in" the change of every other country, regardless if that change is to democracy or not. Nor do we need to KEEP a hand in other countries --we have enough problems here.

Besides which..we are so focused on making everyone like the US, we don't realize that the people in power are that was because they will do ANYTHING. In other words - they are petty tyrants who are bent on keeping what they have at all costs. The American govt. acts like they will respond like any other reasonable entity. In order to understand someone like that, you need to be able to think like they do, not just do the minimal wrist slap or treat them like a playground bully while giving them the opportunity to come back with a bigger "bat" next time. In my opinion, the US would succeed better in foreign policy if we kept in mind we are dealing with high level petty tyrants for the most part who will stoop to new lows and stop at nothing to retain power.

I'm not saying our country's government is perfect - far from it... they have done many things that I (atleast) am not proud of and makes me want to cringe when people mention it. They have had their ups and downs... I know its probably not fair of me to compare all of this since I haven't actually experienced the other governments or anything (which is why I also say this is my view at the moment..I may experience something later that could change my world) but I know the intent at the start of the country's government was for a freer nation--whether or not it stayed that way.

Maybe the initial intent of the governments we are currently at odds with were better...after all power corrupts

No comments:

Post a Comment