Sunday, August 11, 2013

anticipation? anxiety?

Nearing the 120 day mark for the SSID decision. Just got a letter in the mail from them asking me to come in & bring someone w/ me who can assist/handle financial matters for me. I hate making assumptions, but it sounds favorable... but it still makes me get panic moths (I don't call them butterflies..it's too cute & cuddly sounding) in my tummy..

On top of that, (not sure if this will be good or bad) I'm going for 3 weeks to NY for my girl's horse competition... she qualified to take all these riding lessons in basically all the various competition areas from top instructors at the NY State Fair and then her team competes in the drill team competition held on the last couple days. Unfortunately, that also means spending that time w/ the parents & defusing any situations they try to put me in or anything they try to get me to do... I love them, but there's a reason we don't live closer together. Some personalities don't mesh well....and I'm not blameless, either...but there's also a family reunion and many of these people I haven't seen for YEARS, so I'm happy about that, but I'm so  dreading the "what happened to you?" questions when they see me walking slow and weaving and esp. now that I'm getting a rollator to help me for outdoor stuff or large area places (malls, etc)

It just seems like everything good comes with some sort of bad (even if it's just my overactive, psychotic, anxious brain providing it)... I know that's life... I'm honestly not some naive little girl... but I'd really like to have just some good and skip the bad (and be able to trust that its okay, and not get the panic moths making mincemeat out of my insides) XP

No comments:

Post a Comment