Tuesday, October 8, 2013

manufacturing expectations and the lack of standards..

I realize this is gonna be a petty complaint..but it kinda comes down to expectations in a brand name...and really expectation in a product type in general for a moderately priced (not the highest, but definitely not the cheap stuff) product.

We bought a new collar for our dog at the same time we got the halter & lease for Ebby. Everything is of the same brand and frankly I'm thrilled with the halter & leash. Ebby steps willingly into the halter so everything works out. The collar needed replacing cuz her old one was like 9-10 yrs old. Unfortunately, she's been itching at the collar, regardless how loose we keep it. I ran my fingers along the inside of it and realized because the stitching method included doubling the clothe the hold one of the plastic pieces, it formed an incredibly itchy, stiff section that lays right up against her neck. The section requires so many stitches because it is so heavy duty, there really is no way to correct it. We can probably lessen the impact by adding duct tape to the area, but its frustrating because we shouldn't need to modify the collar just so the dog could comfortably wear it. It makes me wonder if it had really gone thru QA testing because I felt the problem as soon as I ran my finger along the inside of the collar.

Oh well.. Thankfully, we can keep it loose since I use the halter to take her for walks and the collar is just to hold her tags. :-)  and make her feel more comfy..she hates not having her collar on...don't know if that's cuz she feels she's not ours or what XD

No comments:

Post a Comment