Friday, March 27, 2015

Rant

I don't think I've had an all-out rant in awhile (atleast not that I recall) so I think I'm due one..regardless recent events have earned one

In the first place..I kinda wracked up a crap ton of student loans--yes my fault cuz I switched majors most of the way thru the first one when the MS *really* first manifested itself and actually before I was Dx'd and I began flunking, unable to walk to and from classes or follow what was going on & fell into a deep depression. Of course, I was going to an incredibly expensive state school =(

Once I got the MS kinda straightened out and was feeling a lot better, I decided to continue in a different, but kinda related field (all sorta health/science related). I managed to complete my AAS and BS thru an online fully accredited, but still not cheap school. And I started looking for jobs.

Then we moved and I had a bit of a relapse (tho we think I was starting towards it before the move). Now I'm on total & permanent disability and with that, I was able to get the education school loans discharged..but obvi not the private loans.

Now, tho, the IRS is saying that the school loans they forgave are to be considered earned income on my taxes this year!!! WTF!! That means I'm gonna owe the government several K$$ even tho I DON'T WORK. and if I try to work, I lose the disability benefits and they slam me with the education loans PLUS whatever interest may have incurred in the past several months. The effing government gets you coming and going and I know they say "well its different departments" I don't effing care if its different departments!!! its the same d@mn entity and its give w/ one hand while taking w/ the other and kicking w/ the effing feet just for the hell of it.

Next, and more recent, I can not abide people/companies who are just too lazy(or stupid) to do their effing jobs competently! Hubby's company switched insurances recently, which means my specialty pharm for Tysabri and Ampyra changed. When I tried to call them to get everything straight and get my order in, I found that I had a several K bill with them from yrs ago. Turns out, when I last had to use them and they billed the wrong insurance, they neglected to bill the correct insurance when we gave them the correct information. Since we never heard back after submitting the corrected information, we had assumed they had submitted payment request to the correct insurance and everything was squared up...obvi not, someone just sat on the info for about 3 yrs..

Now, they are refusing to ship meds until I pay the several K on the bill...I feel a lawyer (or the threat of one) for their eff-up may be in order =(

<this is why hubby usually deals w/ the person to person stuff...I get flustered, then I get REALLY REALLY P/O'd & people tend to hang up on me...>

No comments:

Post a Comment