Tuesday, August 4, 2015

SSA runaround

I am so far beyond irate! And I know posting this on a semi public forum is probably the dumbest thing ever since its bitching about my own government, but..oh-well… I’m not saying anything false, regardless what they say

I’ve been given the run-around by the *** SSA for the past *several* months. When I became eligible for Medicare, I promptly declined and mailed it back. I guess it never arrived. Or atleast, it never got entered correctly. So I’ve been trying to  correct this ***ing mistake since a month after enrollment. First, they say they FOUND the letter I had mailed back to decline Mecare. But (and I didn’t find this out until _much later_) since it was just a “chat” the SSA lady & I had it wasn’t rnoted in my records because conversations that don’t cause an actual change to a record does not get noted.

When my enrollment status didn’t change, I called again. They had to search again for the letter..they finally found it..but was told to call back in a few days to double check on the status of my enrollment.

When I called back..the person atleast saw that I had called the last time and I was told that they had the note and everything would go into effect at the beginning of the month and I should be reimbursed for the charges of the past months. Beginning of the month rolls around…no status change.  Just in case I give it ‘til Monday since the 1st was a Saturday (tho that shouldn’t matter since it ‘should’ be an electronic change).

So I call _again_ Now, they CAN’T find the letter. Instead, I have to re-submit a request to withdraw from Medicare which will to effect this month (if I’m lucky) and I WON’T be reimbursed for their *****-up..I was told by three different agents the letter was there and I don’t know why it was never actually changed, noted or marked in the file. I understand they deal w/ millions of people a day or whatever the statistic they blurt out on the hold loop, but a simple check mark to change enrolled to un-enrolled while holding the letter or a few key strokes to type Medicare denial letter found or something like that would have been nice.


This whole thing is one big bundle of stress and a mess and its so ***’ed-up. I feel like someone at the SSA has been playing me for a fool and I’d love to go and smack some heads until I got some straight answers.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with the SSA. Did it ever get sorted out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with the SSA. Did it ever get sorted out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes...and at the same time no..The last time I spoke with someone earlier this month the agent found the note, but according to HER, it wouldn't go into affect until mid October. So the guy who told me Aug. 1st was mistaken.
    Since THAT conversation was only a "confirmation chat" it wouldn't be recorded in the SSA databanks either...so it would merely be my word against someone else's if I call back when it doesn't go thru in October =/

    ReplyDelete